Sunday, September 28, 2008

Peter rocked my world last night...


Last night was a girl's night out I'll never forget. Peter Cetera came to Spokane and my BFF Nanci got tickets. We went to dinner first, then headed on out to the concert. When we walked into the INB Performing Arts Center we had a good laugh because we could have sworn we walked into a retirement home. We were surrounded by "older" folks and it even smelled a little like older folks also. Nanci and I were definitely the spring chickens of the group! We got up to our seats and settled in. Of course we had our cameras with us and with 15 minutes to show time I figured it was a good time for a self-portrait. We put our heads together and snapped a photo of ourselves...which will not be posted on here due to my multiple chins. A few seconds later, hall monitor Ruth was standing in front of us telling me I had to check my camera in at the office downstairs. What?? I politely told her that I had no intention of taking pictures of the concert, I was just trying to document girls night out. She agreed to let me keep the camera in my purse. It was pretty hilarious to look over every so often during the concert to see ol' Ruthie keeping an eye on us to make sure the camera didn't pop out again.

The concert was awesome...much better than I expected. Peter was rocking the stage with his fist shakes and hip wiggles. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

After the concert Nanci and I went to the green room to meet Peter. (this had been pre-arranged). We were so excited to get a picture with him. Once we got into the green room Peter let everyone know that pictures were not allowed. Perhaps Peter should learn some manners. We shook his hand and he then announced that we'd be taking a group photo for his website. SWEET! Nanci weaseled her way back next to Peter and I just struggled to be visible. Hopefully the picture turned out ok. Once it pops up on the website, I'll be sure to post it on here.

Thanks again Nanci for a FANTASTIC night. "Even a fool can see" that I had a great time and loved every minute of Peter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!! Sounds like a rockin night. LOL! Too bad Ruth was being such a picture nazi - sheesh. And you think Peter would have been a little more cool about getting his picture taken. Not like he's in high demand anymore.

NanciDrysdale said...

Hey BFF! Thanks so much for going with me..it was such a totally fun night I will never forget!