Friday, September 26, 2008

I want to be domestic....shhh....don't tell

For whatever reason I have taken an interest recently to making baby blankets. Perhaps it's because my sister-in-law is expecting her first little girl in January (with any luck the baby will come late December for tax purposes...ha ha). I find it funny that I never had the desire to make blankets for my OWN babies, but I'll just run with it for now. My good friend Momma Poff was kind enough to let me come over last week to show me how she makes her infamous baby blankets. I definitely learned a lot and am looking forward to trying one out on my own. Here is the picture of the finished product. I'd be lying if I said I made it myself...in fact I pretty much watched and made mental notes, all while enjoying a few good laughs. (Although I have to take credit for picking out the fabric) It was a lot of fun. Here's to hoping my first "solo" blanket made will turn out as cute as this one...


And of course the matching burp cloths...

3 comments:

Heather said...

super cute!!!!!!

spaceyhawks said...

SO adorable. I love it!!! You'll do great at making them, and if not post pictures so I can make fun of you for the attempt. ;-)Cuz Heaven knows I could never even begin to attempt something like that. HAHA!!! You can dooooooo it!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute! I'm envious. Can't wait to see the one you make and I agree with spaceyhawks, you have to post pics.