Saturday, September 27, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

Today Tanner and Julia asked if they could brush my hair. Of course I said yes because I LOVE having my hair brushed or played with. Tanner was combing through it and said "Oh Mom, your hair looks cute". I thanked him for being so sweet. Then it was Julia's turn to comment:

Julia: Mom, your hair is so soft!

Me: Thanks Juju!

Julia: I'm not kidding Mom, it is so soft and greasy!

I was laughing so hard and she finished up with saying, "Mom, you need to say thank-you because I gave you a compliment." Guess we need to have a chat about compliments. ha ha

A little while later I was making lunch and being the gourmet chef that I am it was corn-dogs. Julia came running into the kitchen and this conversation took place:

Julia: Mom! I just saw something you HAVE to buy on TV.

Me: What is it?

Julia: It's these magical pills that burn away fat!

Me: Oh, that's nice (now re-thinking eating the corn dog)

Julia: Mom, if you get those pills you will go from that (pointing at my belly) to this (lifting her shirt to expose her belly).

Me: Ok Julia, I'll think about it.

Julia: Seriously Mom, it would be awesome.

I immediately put down the corn dog and went on the hunt for something a little more healthy. Darn kids! :)

2 comments:

spaceyhawks said...

Your kids crack me up, that is too awesome.I probably still would have eaten the corn dog...and then some ice cream after. HAHA!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! Kids are too funny sometimes.