Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun

On Halloween we had our friends Nanci, Shane, Heather and their kids over for a Halloween dinner. After we all scarfed down some grub, it was off to trick-or-treat. We hit a couple of good neighborhoods and had a great time. The kids definitely got loaded up on candy! In one neighborhood someone set up a mini haunted house. Julia and Karli ran off from everyone else and headed toward the house. A few minutes later I hear Julia crying really hard and thought for sure she had biffed it. It was one of those cries that something is really wrong. Turns out she was just scared by the "dead people" at the haunted house. She frantically looked around and said "where's Karli?!?" I said "maybe they got her!" to which Julia responded "OH NO!" followed by more tears. I am such a mean mom, but I got a good chuckle out of the incident because I don't know how many times I told Julia that night to stay with the group and not take off on her own. Needless to say she stuck pretty close to us the rest of the night. :) After trick-or-treating we drove out to Otis Orchards, where Heather grew up. There is a family out there that carves a TON of pumpkins every year. It was AMAZING! The detail of these pumpkins were incredible! They had everything from religious carvings, to dragons, to celebrities, to cartoons. It was awesome. I wish I would have taken my camera out there! We all had a great night and we're so lucky to have such great friends to spend time with!

Setting up for our dinner....silly me, I didn't take any pics with people sitting at the table! Good grief.


Here are some pictures I took up at Kiddie Kandids. We took Matt's pictures first...he wanted to get out of there and go cruise the mall. LOL! Gotta love those teenagers!

All the kiddos...


Our favorite jailbird...


Our little witch...


Our little giraffe...


Olivia would not cooperate for a picture in her costume...she was the cutest ladybug ever! This picture turned out pretty cute....our little "treat". :)


And finally, some pictures of the 3 youngest kids in their halloween shirts...


4 comments:

Heather said...

ohhhhh super cute pictures!!!!!! I love them!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are way cute pics of the kids! Sounds like your Halloween was fun but um, where are the cookies??? Did they turn out?

mcintyreandco said...

Thanks for leaving a comment so I could find your blog! Your kids are adorable! What great pictures! Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween. It's great to see how you are doing and what you are up to!

Ama said...

Your Children are adorable!!! So fun to see how your all doing! Thanks for checking out my blog, I am not good at keeping up with it, but I am trying!