Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Where a kid can be a kid!

Today I picked up Julia at school and then headed to pick up Tanner from preschool. This ride from school to school is always an amusing one because it never fails that Julia comes up with something to say...quite honestly the talking never stops. Such was the case today. We drove by a construction site where they are building a new Chuck E. Cheese. This new facility is entirely too close to our home (in my opinion) and I dread the day that it is complete. Julia is fully aware of what is being built and as we drove by, this is the conversation that took place:

Julia: "Mom, is the Chuck E. Cheese almost done?"

Me: "Nope, not quite, they are just starting to put up the walls."

Julia: "Well hopefully it's done soon because it would be the perfect place for
our family to go."

Me: "Why is that Juju?"

Julia: "Because it's the place where moms and dads can relax and kids can play!"

Perhaps it's time to turn off the tv for awhile. This girl picks up on everything!! Julia never fails to surprise me.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh She is so cute!!! To bad it's not a place where you can just go drop your kids off LOL Then the logo could be, Where a kid can be a kid, and grown ups don't have to look at you!!!!! Hahahaha ok lets make a pact to take our kids opening night LOL

Morgen said...

so cute. At least my kids aren't the only ones that watch too much tv:) We drove past a subway the other day and hadley asked if we could go there. I said no...why? cuz I want to "eat fresh"
they pick up on so much stuff, it always amazes me.

Jon and Michelle said...

Leigh,
Your kids are so cute and I love their costumes. Also I love the story of Julia and the Chuckie Cheese, I can totally picture the conversation in the car. I love peeking in at your blog and seeing all your family fun, sorry I don't comment more often. I am a slacker, but I do check your blog often!
Michelle Spear

Anonymous said...

She's a smart little booger! I can only imagine what she's going to come up with when she's a teenager. You'll definitely have to be on your toes with that one.