Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mowing the lawn...

Recently Matt has been especially difficult to wake up in the morning. Ron has been getting pretty frustrated and has forgotten how much he once loved his sleep as a teenager. But as a sleep deprived parent, I understand why Ron is frustrated. When Matt got home from school and finished his homework I talked with him about the morning routine and said it would be really nice if he did something for his Dad to show that he's making an effort to do better. So Matt and I came to the agreement that he would mow the lawn. I'm so proud of him for being willing to help around the house. Ron was thrilled when he got home from work and saw the fresh cut grass. When he walked in the door he looked at Matt and said "whoa, I think someone came by and stole our grass!" Then gave Matt a big hug and thanked him for mowing the lawn. Here are some pictures of Matt's hard work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I know I'm weird but I really like mowing the lawn. I think it's because I like the smell of grass being cut. Odd I know.