Friday, June 12, 2009

Catching some rays...

About a week ago we had some great weather. It was hot and sunny and perfect for catching some rays. The kids and I had stopped over at my parents house after church one Sunday and my mom was sitting on her patio swing enjoying the heat. As soon as we got home Julia changed into her swimsuit and grabbed a towel. I asked her what she was doing and her reply was "I want to have dark skin like Grammy Chunk, I'm going to go get a tan!" She headed outside and laid down on our porch swing (which happened to be in the shade). I explained to her that she needed to lay where it was sunny to get a tan. So she moved to the grass. It was so hilarious as she would run up to me every few minutes to ask if she was darker. Of course she wasn't and I needed to let her in on a little secret...no one gets as tan as Grammy Chunk...no one. I swear the woman gets a tan just by turning on her bedroom light in the morning. Why couldn't I have been blessed with that skin? I don't tan, I burn....and even then I am still pasty. :) Here's the little drama queen catching her rays...(Julia, not my mom...ha ha ha).

4 comments:

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

i know she is the darkest white woman i have ever met. she def gets that from the pyper side of the family. but comeon your last name is winters, what did you expect? lol

nandango said...

that's cute! start 'em when they're young that's what i say!

Trevor and Holly said...

How cute is that! :) I feel your pain about trying to get a tan. I have been trying to work on one now that I am in the south and every one is tan and it is ridiculous!! All my boys and Trevor are all tan and I am as white as ever, however I don't burn, I just don't get any color at all! It is just SAD!! :)

regina said...

you mean lorene is white?
grammy chunk? i would like to know where that came from!