Friday, February 22, 2008

What's that smell?

A few days ago I was accused of doing something that is so not me. My lovely coworker "Butch" who I referred to in my 'tagged' blog is at it again. I have recently started closing the store and I love working that shift. I have all day with my kids, I work all by myself at night, thus, no more issues with "Butch"...or so I thought. Last Thursday I worked the closing shift and as the night was coming to an end, I went through my usual routine. Count out the till, clean up the bays, empty the garbage, shut down the printer and last but not least, wipe down the bathroom. So I leave work, thinking everything is just dandy. The next night when I arrived at work, the assistant manager immediately pulled me aside and said she needed to tell me something. Apparently "Butch" had shown up first thing on Friday morning, after I had closed the store on Thursday. She went into the bathroom and said it smelled like someone smoked weed in there. She immediately started telling the other employees that I had been smoking pot the night before during my shift. What?!? All I could do was laugh. It was either that or seriously freak out on "Butch". Luckily the manager and assistant manager know me pretty well and know that smoking pot is not a hobby of mine. I have friends that do, and half the staff where I work does, but I'm not one of them. Good grief. Can she not come up with anything better than that? I'm not sure why she is trying so desperately to get me in trouble....it's not going to happen. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what her next accusation is.

No comments: