Saturday, December 15, 2007

HO-HO-HO.....get me outta here!

So this year I took the kids to see Santa at the mall. I actually put some effort into it and dressed them up, hoping to get a good picture of them. We arrived at the mall, and as we approached Santa, I was thrilled to see there was no line. Little did I know that it was now Santa's "dinner break" and he would be gone for an hour. Great, now I get to entertain the kids for an hour in a crowded mall, in their nice clothes. One of Santa's elves was very sweet and gave us a "front of the line" pass which meant that even if there was a line when Santa returned, we were able to get right in. So the kids and I went window shopping for awhile and got something to eat. When we returned I was shocked to see a long line of parents and kids waiting for their turn with Santa. I didn't have the heart to just cut in front of all those kids, even though I had the pass, so we headed back to wait patiently in line. When it was finally our turn, the kids were excited and Julia immediately ran in to sit on Santa's lap. Tanner started running also, but stopped dead in his tracks when he looked up and saw the big guy in the red suit. He turned to me and said "get me outta here!" Ha ha ha. I was laughing so hard, but was determined to get a picture after standing in line that long. So, needless to say the picture did not include Tanner......maybe next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish i could have been there to see that! by the way i tagged you in my blog. check out my last entry to see what you have to do!!