Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!!

We rang in the New Year with our good friends and had a great time. The house was full of good grub and lots of laughs. We basically spent the whole night rocking out to guitar hero and playing wii games. It was a blast and so fun to have our little "competitions" going. At midnight the only ones who shared a kiss were Shane and Heather. I didn't look, but it sounded pretty sloppy! Way to do it right guys!! LOL! Hopefully they are still my friends after reading that. :) I took a few pictures, but sadly none of my own family! How pathetic is that?? Shane and Heather took off at about 1:00am while Scott and Nanci stayed until 3:30am. It was awesome! We're so lucky to have such fun friends! Here are the few pictures I did take...

Here's Shane going for a strike...


We do not...I repeat, DO NOT promote underage drinking....this means you Brooke!! Oh wait...it was only sparkling cider...


This is what Nanci thought of not getting a smooch at midnight...LOL!


Scott and Brooke rocking the guitar hero...



Thanks again friends for the VERY fun night. We'll have to do it again soon!

6 comments:

Morgen said...

looks like a blast! we are such party poopers on new years eve. Peter always has to work the next day so we are just in bed at our normal time, maybe I should just ditch him and have a party...oh wait, we have to find a neighborhood that isn't full of people who eat dinner at 4pm and in bed at 6!!!:)

Nicole Stenzel said...

I LOVE reading your blogs! They always make me smile and make my day a little brighter! :) Happy 2009 and glad to see you were able to ring it in with such fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics! Sounds like it was fun and sad you didn't have the Wii or Guitar Hero when I was there last spring. I'll definitely have to make my way up there again!

Jon and Michelle said...

Totally jealous of the wii and guitar hero. They are SO much fun, Jon's litle bro had them and it was super fun to watch the players playing, they always made me laugh the hardest.
Ok so fruit pizza is SUPER easy. I don't have your email so I will just post it here.. hope it fits!
1st layer:
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Butter
4 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 cup Nuts (Optional)
Mix and spread on pizza pan or cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until brown.
2nd Layer:
1 cup Powered Sugar
1 -- 8 oz. cream cheese
16 oz. cool whip
Few drops of milk
Beat for 2 minutes. Spread on crust - cooled. Don't put on crust even if slightly warm. I put it in the fridge to speed it up.
3rd Layer:
Fruit of your choice. Strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, mandarin oranges, grapes cut in half, etc. Start from the outside and work your way in.
Enjoy!!
We miss you guys,
Michelle

Jon and Michelle said...

I forgot, on the fruit pizza. Sometimes you have to make more of the crust depending on how big your cookie sheet is. I had to one and a half it for the big cookie sheet.
Michelle

spaceyhawks said...

How fun!!!! I wish I had had that much fun. I just went to the Utah vs. Gonzaga basketball game and then went to bed. La-dee-da! ;-) I wish I could have seen you while I was there. I'll give you more detail on facebook.