Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Candy pants

Sadly we still have Halloween candy left and I made the mistake of leaving the bowl on the counter one day. I was sitting in the living room feeding Olivia and this is prime time for Julia and Tanner to get into things they know they aren't supposed to have. They have learned that mommy isn't too quick to respond when she's holding a bottle. I had forgotten about the candy and when Julia came up from her room she spotted it. I told her not to go near it. She tried to convince me that she was just 'looking at it'. Hmmm....right. Did I think my parents were that dumb when I was her age? So I didn't say another word and figured I'd bust her when the time was right. Sure enough she attempted to tip-toe across the kitchen as if I wouldn't see her pass by the living room. Oddly enough a piece of her shirt was tucked into her pants. Hmmm, it hadn't been like that before spotting the candy bowl. I politely asked her to come into the living room and sit with me. She at first declined but when I asked again I could see the look on her face that she thought she won this battle. Miss Smarty Pants came and stood in front of me. I kindly untucked her shirt and heard the crinkling of wrappers (surprise, surprise). Her look of victory quickly turned to one of defeat. I told her to take the candy out of her pants and give it to me. It was hard not to laugh as she reached clear into her underwear to remove the 2 pieces of candy. I politely declined taking them from her after seeing where they had been. I let her know no one would be eating those and asked her to put them in the garbage. Nice try Julia.

2 comments:

Nandango said...

Hey at least the chocolate in her pants was real candy chocolate and not the other kind...LOL

Nandango said...

Hey at least the chocolate in her pants was really candy chocolate and not the other kind LOL